Unit: 1 Box
Regulatory Status: CLIA Waived (whole blood) / Professional Use Only
Contents: 25 Test Strips, 1 Memo Chip, Package Insert
For Use With: CardioChek PA and CardioChek Plus Analyzers
Determinations: Total Cholesterol, HDL, LDL, Trig and Glucose
Storage Requirements: 68° – 86° F
Sample Volume: 40uL
Processing Time: As little as 2 minutes
- Total Cholesterol: 100-400 mg/dL (2.59-10.36 mmol/L)
- HDL Cholesterol: 15-100 mg/dL (0.39-2.59 mmol/L)
- Extended HDL Cholesterol: 20-120 mg/dL (0.52-3.1 mmol/L)
- Triglycerides: 50-500 mg/dL (0.56-5.65 mmol/L)
The PTS Diagnostics Lipid Panel Test Strip measures total cholesterol (TC), high-density lipoprotein (HDL), and triglycerides. It also uses these values to calculate low-density lipoprotein levels (LDL). Approximately 85% of the cholesterol in our blood is produced by our own bodies with the remaining 15% coming from animal products found in our diet. Moderate amounts of cholesterol (a type of lipid) are essential for production, maintenance, and fluidity of cell membranes; nerve insulation and conduction; as well as hormone and bile salt production. The total cholesterol reading is an indication of the overall amount of cholesterol circulating in the blood at the time the test is given. High-density lipoprotein is beneficial to heart health due to its ability to transport cholesterol and triglycerides within the water-based bloodstream to the liver for removal or re-utilization. Triglycerides are created by conversion of unused calories and carbohydrates into fat (another type of lipid). These fats are stored for use as the body’s energy source between meals. Low-density lipoproteins are large particles that have the ability to transport cholesterol through the blood and directly into the artery walls, which creates a dangerous build-up of lipids and plaque known as atherosclerosis.
High levels of total cholesterol (over 200 mg/dL), LDL (over 130 mg/dL), triglycerides (over 150 mg/dL) as well as a low HDL level (under 60 mg/dL) can be detrimental to our health, leading to increased fat deposits and plaque build-up in blood vessel walls, clogging arteries, and significantly increasing the potential for heart attack or stroke.
Although heart disease is the leading cause of death in the US, only 20% of those cases can be attributed to genetic risk factors. By focusing on diet, maintaining a healthy lifestyle, and regularly testing cholesterol levels, patients can be proactive in reducing their chances for heart disease.
Fasting Test: Yes
Time to Results: 2 minutes on average
Sample Amount (whole blood or serum): 40ul